Say and Play with Words and the National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) respect your privacy. Any information gathered on the site is for the express purpose of determining how this site is used to further learning by individuals and families. You may always choose whether to enter any personal information. Any information collected will not be sold, under any circumstances, to any third party.
Types of Information We Collect
Data collected through one or more collection points on our website and/or owned social and digital properties may be aggregated and used for internal research purposes.
Geolocation by zip code
The Say and Play with Words website uses geolocation services to approximate the zip code of its users. Users are asked to confirm this information but may choose not to provide this information. This geolocation data is not personal in nature and is used to inform partners and stakeholders on the reach of Say and Play with Words and usage by populations within target zip codes.
We also collect certain information through automated means. Some of the information we collect through automated means may, whether alone or combined with other data, be personal data. For example, we automatically collect:
- Information about your device and device capabilities
- Information about your device operating system
- Information about your browser
- Information about how you use the Services
- Your activities on the Services
- IP address
- Advertising identifiers
- Mobile or Internet Carrier
- Browser type
- Browser identifier
- Referring URL
This information helps us to understand, analyze, and measure how users use the Services; manage Services’ operations; deliver and measure the effectiveness of advertisements; help diagnose problems; recognize repeat visitors; and facilitate your access to and use of the Services.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
How We Collect the Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
Use of Your Information by the National Center for Families Learning (NCFL)
NCFL will be the data controllers for your information. Trusted contracted service providers may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We will not share your personal information outside NCFL except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you, that we amend or delete it, and that we request third parties with whom we have shared the information to do the same
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting email@example.com or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Security, Integrity, and Retention
NCFL reserves the right to make changes to the policies of this website at any time. Any policy updates will apply to everyone using the website and will replace prior policies.